I have written about Grav before (you can check here). Grav is a CMS (Content Management System) without a database. It uses a flat file system and can be installed on any website running PHP. After testing a lot have finally ported my full site with the blog to Grav.
Following were the points which convinced me to move to Grav:
- It is fast. the site loads fast and it is easy to write content there is not much of fluff. Also, the site loads much faster than comparative WordPress site.
- It is easy to maintain too. As there is not Database involved you can just use a normal editor to edit things.
- It is easy to move from one server to other. It is almost like copying and paste.
Things either I am not aware or missing in Grav:
- Direct post to Twitter any new article posted. There might be a plugin to do so which I might not be aware if you know any let me know.
- In Admin Post are not order by the last date of edited or creation of items in a blog. This makes thing harder to search.
- Grav is new so you will need some technical knowledge to get the most out of it.
Give it a try you will love it https://getgrav.org/. Also, let me know any tips and tricks about Grav. I am still learning it ;).