Many have faced this problem while installing custom ROM on Redmi Note 3 you have to install Jio Voice app to call and default dialer doesn’t work. The following process will solve this issue with any Nougat ROM.
You will require following:
TWRP ZCX Recovery
Link- https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224409409 (This is must, other recovery may cause softbrick)
xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote3Pro_6.11.3_v8-6.0.zip (Download from the below link only, it is not official or developer MIUI ROM) Link- https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767111758
Any Custom ROM I like Nitrogen OS
Link – http://xyyx-dev.ru/nitrogen-os/nougat/kenzo/
Gapps (Get the latest arm64, android 7.1, nano gapps.
Link – http://opengapps.org/
- Start from any ROM, reboot into In TWRP ZCX , click ‘Wipe‘, then ‘Advanced‘, after that select ‘System’, ‘Dalvik cache’, ‘Cache’ and ‘Data’, and then ‘Swipe to wipe’.
- Then go back thrice to return to the main menu and click ‘Install’ and find and select the xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote3Pro_6.11.3_v8-6.0.zip package and ‘Swipe to confirm flash’.
- Reboot into the ROM and select the default “internet” apn, do not add “Jionet” apn or any other (you have to enable volte in that default apn only).
- Now volte may or may not work, reboot once and check again (in my case it did work the first time)
- Then reboot into In TWRP ZCX , mount “cust” , go back and click ‘Install’ and find and select the CM14-firmware-20161115.zip firmware package and ‘Swipe to confirm flash’.
- Reboot into the ROM, and now you must have VoLTE. Make a call and check. Then Reboot into the Recovery again.
- (optional) Backup “EFS” and “MODEM” partition for future.
- Now in TWRP , click ‘Install’ and select any VoLTE enable ROM currently I like Nitrogen OS rom and Gapps, ‘Swipe to confirm Install’. Reboot into the rom and volte will work.
For step by step guide you can also check out following video: