Google App Engine is one of the fastest way to start any small project some of the key benefits of Google App Engine are:
1. No need to install webserver, database etc .. Everything is taken care by the installer.
2. Its supported on all the major OS (Windows / Linux / Mac).
3. Its uses Python, Java or any programing language which can be then converted to Java. So you dont have to learn new programing language. But personally I am becoming fan of Python.
4. It’s restriction is boon in disguise.
5. It’s totally scalable. As you are using Google scalable infrastructure.
Dropbox is the easiest way to store, sync, and, share files online. Some of the key benefits are:
1. There’s no complicated interface to learn.
2. It’s supported on all the major OS (Windows / Linux / Mac).
3. Automatically syncs when new files or changes are detected.
4. Shared folders allow several people to collaborate on the same files.
5. Keeps versions of your files. Most important feature.
So when you combine Google App Engine with Dropbox you get:
1. Platform and PC independent Programming environment. This itself is very powerful feature you can code where ever you get a PC (where you can install Google App Engine and Dropbox. Example: You can code in office as well as at home and the sync part is taken care off)
2. Your change in source code is automatically backed up and also version of code is done automatically.
3. Both are free to get you start off.
So what are you waiting for? Use it now also try our app www.namaaztracker.com which is using Google App Engine to get the idea of what all can be archived.