Following are the steps to install TWRP Recovery Manager:
- Download a TWRP recovery .img file compatible for your device. For Mi 3 click here to download twrp-126.96.36.199-cancro
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC, follow this link .
- Enable USB debugging on your device:
- Open Settings on your device.
- Go to About phone and tap seven times on Build number, this will enable Developer options.
- Now go back to Settings and you’ll see “Developer options”there, open it.
- Tick the USB Debugging checkbox.
- Open the folder where your TWRP Recovery .img file is saved.
- Now open a command window inside that folder. To do that,“Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
- Connect your device to the PC. And type the following into the command window we opened in step 4 above to boot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
If your asks for permission to “Allow USB debugging”, tap OK.
- Once your device boots into bootloader mode, issue the following command into command window to flash the TWRP recovery .img file:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img
Here modify twrp.img with the name of your TWRP recovery .img file, OR change your TWRP recovery filename to twrp.img and use the command above.
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, issue the following command to reboot:
Now you should have TWRP installed, you can check it by booting into recovery manager by holding power + volume down button.