Eyes are one of the primary and most important senses we have. As they say “A picture is worth a 1000 words”. We often ignore to take care of our eyes. Take our vision for granted. Today let us see easy way by which we can take care of our eyes.
1. Good Sleep: Good Sleep is always necessary not only for your eyes, but for your over all health. If you had a good sleep it will relax your eyes from stress. Hence 7 to 8 hrs sleep is a must.
2. Healthy Food: Eating healthy food can help your eye sight too. Vitamins C and E, zinc, lutein, zeaxanthin, and omega-3 fatty acids are essential for healthy eyes.Include oranges, strawberries, broccoli, bell peppers,carrots and brussels sprouts into your diet. Also include fish if you can.
3. Looking at greenery: Looking at greenery helps your eyes to relax. Do plant some plants in your home / offices. There are many plants which can grow indoors and have them place in your line of sight, so that you can look at them when ever you feel like relaxing.
4. Wearing Sunglasses: Wearing Sunglasses can avoid harmful sunlights directly entering your eyes. Specially in summer days, try and use sunglasses whenever you go outdoors.
5. Do not keep bright settings on your PC/Mobile: Some people like to have bright screens, but this is more harmful as it stresses your eyes. Keep brightness low which is smoothing to your eyes.
6. Keep smaller font sometimes: Smaller fonts gives your eyes exercise needed to stress a little to read it. I love to have smallest fonts on my mobile which helps my eyes exercise and gives me more surface area to read on so I spend less time on mobile.
7. Remember to blink: Blinking happens naturally, but when we are concentrating a lot on some thing (like playing games ;)) we stop blinking. It often has happen to me when if just forget to blink and then I have stressed out eyes as they get dry.
8. Splash water thrice a day: Splashing water in your eyes feels so good. It helps your eyes to relax and also any dirt which might have entered gets cleaned up.
Hope you liked my suggestions. Also let me know if you also have any tips and tricks to keep your eyes in good shape.