Azure Data Studio is a data management tool that enables you to work with SQL Server, Azure SQL DB and SQL DW from Windows, macOS and Linux.
Some of the Feature Highlights
- Cross-Platform DB management for Windows, macOS and Linux with simple XCopy deployment
- SQL Server Connection Management with Connection Dialog, Server Groups, Azure Integration and Registered Servers
- Object Explorer supporting schema browsing and contextual command execution
- T-SQL Query Editor with advanced coding features such as autosuggestions, error diagnostics, tooltips, formatting and peek definition
- Query Results Viewer with advanced data grid supporting large result sets, export to JSON\CSV\Excel, query plan and charting
- Management Dashboard supporting customizable widgets with drill-through actionable insights
- Visual Data Editor that enables direct row insertion, update and deletion into tables
- Backup and Restore dialogs that enables advanced customization and remote filesystem browsing, configured tasks can be executed or scripted
- Task History window to view current task execution status, completion results with error messages and task T-SQL scripting
- Scripting support to generate CREATE, SELECT, ALTER and DROP statements for database objects
- Workspaces with full Git integration and Find In Files support to managing T-SQL script libraries
- Modern light-weight shell with theming, user settings, full-screen support, integrated terminal and numerous other features
It is available for all 3 platforms Windows, Mac and Linux you can download it from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/azure-data-studio/download-azure-data-studio
I am always looking out for Free SQL Manager especially for Mac. I have come across a new Beekeeper studio. It looks quite good and available for all 3 platforms PC, Mac and Linux. Few of the features of the Beekeeper studio are:
Connect with Confidence
Alongside normal connections, you can encrypt your connection with SSL, or tunnel through SSH. Save a connection password and Beekeeper Studio will make sure to encrypt it to keep it safe.
Our built-in editor provides syntax highlighting and auto-complete suggestions for your tables so you can work quickly and easily.
Open Lots of Tabs
Open dozens of tabs so you can write multiple queries and tables in tandem without having to switch windows.
Save SQL Queries For Later
Easily save and organize commonly used queries so you can use them again and again across all your connections.
View Table Data
Tables get their own tabs too! Use our table view to sort and filter results by column.
You can download the installer from https://www.beekeeperstudio.io.
I am always looking for a better SQL Editor for Microsoft SQL 2008 or above on Mac. Have never found any which were free and good as well (not I know of). Then I came across SqlPad its base on Node.js hence its quite fast and low on resource. Also It is open sourced :).
SqlPad is a self-hosted web app for writing and running SQL queries and visualizing the results. Its goal is to be a simple tool for exploratory data work and visualizations, ideal for data analysts who would prefer to work in SQL.
SqlPad is meant to be run on an internal network for a single team. All connections added to the app can be used by all individuals with access to the SqlPad server. All queries written can be run and edited by everyone on the server.
For more details on installing and running a SqlPad instance, see the Installation and Administration page.
I am really impressed by it, try it out I am sure will like it too.