Mid-ranger every year
- Now day mid-range phone has enough power that you don’t miss most of the high-end feature.
- There are cheaper and if you can upgrade by a buyback offer you get the new mid-range quite cheap.
- The phone market is changing very fast.. new design/features are added every 6 months or so .. if you want to be in touch with current trend economically buying mid-range make sense.
- Mid-ranger will not give the best in every department. You will have to compromise at some point.
Flagship every other year
- You get the best feature which is comparable to mid-range even after a year. So you don’t have to compromise anything for the 1st year and another year you will have to compromise.
- It makes sense if you can take care of the phone, as after a year wear and tear is quite visible.
- You will be stuck with a year old phone.
- Buyback generally is bad after a year.
So basically it depends on your personal preference if you can manage a phone for 2 years without the temptation of a new phone then go for a flagship phone every alternate year or you can buy a mid-range every year. Let me know your views in comments.